Accessing our information
Accessing our information
What is Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009?
The Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act) aims to facilitate public access to government information. The GIPA Act provides rights to information that are designed to meet community expectations of more open and transparent government. It encourages the routine and proactive release of government information, including information held by providers of goods and services by government agencies.
Applications and enquiries to WaterNSW under the GIPA Act can be directed to:
Right to Information Officer
PO Box 398
PARRAMATTA NSW 2124
Phone: (02) 9865 2457
How to access published information
Information on the website is available for download, free of charge.
Alternatively you can complete an application form (PDF, 200.17 KB) for accessing information. In order for an application to be valid it must:
- be in writing sent to or lodged at the address shown above
- clearly indicate that it is an access application made under the GIPA Act
- be accompanied by a fee of $30
- state a postal address in Australia as the address for correspondence in connection with the application
- include such information as is reasonably necessary to enable the government information applied for to be identified.
Register of Contracts
CLASS 1 CONTRACTS
Contracts that have, or are likely to have, a value of $150,000 or more.
CLASS 2 CONTRACTS
Class 2 contracts are Class 1 contracts that also fit into one of the following categories:
- There hasn't been a public tender process and the terms and conditions of the contract have been directly negotiated with the contractor.
- The contract was the subject of a tender (public or not), but the terms and conditions have been substantially negotiated with the contractor.
- The obligations of one or more parties to maintain or operate infrastructure or assets could continue for 10 years or more and the contract involves a privately financed project or the exchange of significant assets.
CLASS 3 CONTRACTS
If a Class 2 contract has a value, or likely value of more than $5 million, it becomes a Class 3 contract according to the GIPA Act. Our Class 3 Contracts are detailed below
- Portfolio Delivery Management Partner – W0062849 (PDF, 11089.8 KB)
- Schedule of contract redactions - Portfolio Delivery Management Partner – W0062849 (PDF, 116.56 KB)
Documents Tabled in Parliament
The GIPA Act requires WaterNSW to make publicly available information about the agency contained in any document tabled in Parliament by, or on, its behalf. These documents are available below:
- Statement of Corporate Intent of Water NSW for the year ending 30 June 2019 (PDF)
- Statement of Corporate Intent of Water NSW for the year ending 30 June 2018 (PDF)
- Statement of Corporate Intent of Water NSW for the year ending 30 June 2017 (PDF)
- Statement of Corporate Intent of Water NSW for the year ending 30 June 2016 (PDF)
- WaterNSW Annual Report 2017-18 (PDF)
- WaterNSW Annual Report 2016-17 (PDF)
- WaterNSW Annual Report 2015-16 (PDF)
- WaterNSW Annual Report 2014-15 (PDF)