Manage your details

Make sure your details are up-to-date so that we can provide you with important information efficiently.

Are your details up-to-date?

We need your up-to-date contact details in order to provide you with timely and accurate information regarding your water account, licensing or dealings applications, unplanned or emergency supply interruptions and changes to your water availability or quality.

Please refer to the drop-down menus below on how to update us about different changes in details.

Property changes

If you recently moved or changed your address, please let us know by completing the online form below.

For further details on what to do when buying or selling a property, please refer to our Buying or selling property fact sheet.

Please note when buying a property, you do not need to do anything. When the transfer of land title is registered with NSW Land Registry Services (LRS), WaterNSW are automatically notified of the change of ownership and the buyer is then issued with an updated statement of approval.

For further detail you can also refer to the Changing your name on your title fact sheet by LRS.

If a water access licence (WAL) is included in the sale of the property, a s71M Transfer is to be lodged by your Solicitor to LRS as part of the property settlement.

Deceased estate

We understand this is a difficult time and it may not be a top priority, but all service providers need to be notified as soon as possible if an account holder passes away.

You can notify multiple organisations at once by visiting Australian Death Notification Service and completing their online form. The Australian Death Notification Service will provide verification of death to all organisations you select, and they will contact you directly if further information is required.

Contact Australian Death Notification Service

*Please note that the Australian Death Notification Service is not available if the death certificate was issued outside of Australia.

Do you need to contact us directly?

If you would prefer to contact us directly, please complete our online form for managing a deceased estate or contact our Customer Service Centre.

If the person was overseas at the time of their passing you will need to contact us directly.

What happens next?

We will continue to send communications to the postal address we have for the account until after probate. The name on the account is linked to the property title deed and NSW Land Registry Services (LRS) will automatically update our records when a change occurs.

If the account holder has a direct debit set up, you will need to contact our Customer Service Centre to cease the debiting.

Personal or company name change

For changes to your personal name (e.g. marriage, naturalisation, divorce etc.) or changes of company name please refer to the Changing your name on your title fact sheet by NSW Land Registry Services (LRS). You are required to alert LRS and then advise WaterNSW by calling our Customer Service Centre.

Changes in operation to the licence or approval

If you wish to operate differently to the manner outlined in your statement of approval or water access licence you must notify us. Examples include but are not limited to:

  • changes in location of an irrigated area
  • change in location or equipment used in taking water
  • replacement of a collapsed bore
  • change to any water storage - increase or decrease
  • installation or change in any pipeline - length or location
  • change in property identification number to that on an approval or licence.


Interpreting Services: If you require an interpreter, call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) on 131 450 and ask them to telephone WaterNSW on 1300 662 077. Our business hours are 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday.

Why do you need to notify us of any changes?

If you do not notify us of the changes above, you may continue to be billed or could even be in breach of your licence or approval and subject to enforcement action by the Natural Resources Access Regulator (NRAR). If you are submitting an application to us, we will check that your name, address and title details match records held with NSW Land Registry Services (LRS). A mismatch will impact the time taken to process your application and may result in your application being returned to you. Changes to name or title should be completed prior to applying.

Update your details

Go to top

WaterNSW acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters on which we work and pay our respects to all elders past, present and emerging. Learn more