This website is maintained by WaterNSW. This privacy statement applies to all the publicly accessible pages on WaterNSW websites located at:
WaterNSW is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party sites linked to this site. If you have any questions WaterNSW's privacy provisions please contact the Customer Helpdesk.
When you use the WaterNSW website you can expect we will treat any information you provide within the terms of the NSW Government's privacy responsibilities and obligations. The NSW Government's privacy practices are regulated by the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW).
What information do we collect?
We do not record any personally identifiable information.
When you look at the pages on our websites, we record information that identifies:
- the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the machine which has accessed it
- the date and time of your visit to the site
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded
- the previous site visited
- the type of browser and operating system you have used.
How do we use the information we collect?
The information we collect during each visit is aggregated to identify patterns of use of the site. This will help us to improve our sites and the services we offer.
WaterNSW will not disclose or publish information that identifies individual machines, or potentially identifies sub-groupings of addresses.
When will information be disclosed and to whom?
WaterNSW will disclose the recorded information to relevant authorities in the following circumstances:
- unauthorised attempts to access files which are not published on WaterNSW pages
- unauthorised tampering or interference with files published on WaterNSW site
- unauthorised attempts to index the contents of WaterNSW site by other sites
- attempts to intercept messages of other users of the WaterNSW site
- communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or which give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed
- attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server, breach NSW or Commonwealth laws, or interfere with the enjoyment of WaterNSW site by other users.
WaterNSW reserves the right to make disclosures to relevant authorities where the use of this site raises a suspicion that an offence is being, or has been, committed.
In the event of an investigation, WaterNSW will provide access to data to any law enforcement agency that may exercise a warrant to inspect our logs.
What will we do with information provided as feedback?
WaterNSW provides feedback options on this site for you to provide input into future development of the site and to comment on WaterNSW's services.
You may provide personal details so that we can reply to your feedback. This information will only be used for the reason for which it was provided. We will not add your email address or name to any mailing list.
WaterNSW may publish aggregate information about feedback on this site, to the extent that it does not identify or cannot be used to identify individual users.
Who else can access this information?
Access to the raw data is restricted to a limited number of officers in WaterNSW to analyse and report on the success of the site in meeting WaterNSW's communication and access objectives. If you would like to access information held about you by WaterNSW, please contact the Customer Helpdesk.
Will this statement be updated over time?
Privacy principles for online communication continue to develop. We may modify or expand this statement in light of new developments or issues that may arise from time to time. The amended statement will be posted to this site and will operate from the time it is posted.