Applications and fees
Applications and fees
Use our Water Applications Online service to apply, pay and track the status of some applications online. Applying online is a quick and easy option that can be processed faster and gives you visibility of what stage your application is at throughout the process.
- Application for a new or amended approval for a water supply work to take groundwater under a domestic and stock right (PDF Form) (Guide)
- Apply and pay online to subdivide, or to subdivide and change a water access licence
(PDF form) (Guide)
- Request to register a security interest in a replacement water access licence or notification that no security interest exists (initiated by interest holder) (PDF Form)
- Mortgagee notice of registration of security interest issue to water access licence holders (Template Letter)
- Application for an authority to take water while metering equipment is not operating properly or is not operating (PDF Form)
WaterNSW aims to process all applications in a timely manner. Please see the table below for our target standard processing times for approvals and assessments.
|Application type||Target processing time||Current performance|
|Licence dealings assignment of shares (7IQ)||90% within 20 days||98%|
|New access licences||80% within 40 days||96%|
|Water supply work and use approval||80% within 60 days||86%|
|Extend a water supply work approval||90% within 20 days||93%|
|Approval for a bore for domestic and stock rights||90% within 10 days||91%|
Figures are for the time period of July 2020 – Dec 2020
Depending on the application type and complexity, with other agencies involved in the approval, it may take up to 6 months for your application to be determined. You can track the progress of your application and we thank you for your patience and understanding.
To view our Customer Service Charter visit waternsw.com.au/customer-service/charter.
Find out about application fees.
Change your contact details
Online form to change your contact details (phone number, email and postal address)
WaterNSW office locations
Find your local WaterNSW office and postal address details for submitting your application.
Or contact our Customer Helpdesk on 1300 662 077.