Our fax service is currently experiencing intermittent issues. If you’ve submitted your water order or trade via fax, please contact our Customer Service Centre to ensure we’ve received it at 1300 662 077.
Water Sharing Plans in NSW allow the trade of allocation water subject to some conditions. Follow the four easy steps below.
Please download a separate allocation assignment form (from appropriate link below) for each trade to avoid duplicate applications.
- Form 71 for surface water assignment - buy and sell water within a regulated river system under the Water Management Act 2000
- Form 71 for groundwater assignment - buy and sell water within a groundwater source under the Water Management Act 2000
- Form 71 for unregulated water assignment – buy and sell water within an unregulated source under the Water Management Act 2000
1. This is the reference number of your form. The number on each form should be unique and allows WaterNSW to quickly track the progress of your application. You will also need to use this reference when making your payment via PayWay.
2. This is where you enter the volume and price of the water you want to assign (trade). You can check the current available balance on your licence by calling the WaterNSW Help Desk on 1300 662 077, or by logging into your iWAS account.
3. This is where the seller completes the details relating to their licence. Remember to indicate your authority to make the application and record the registered licence holder details of the licence. If you would like WaterNSW to notify you when the application is complete, don’t forget to include your email address.
4. If the application is being submitted by an Agent, the agents name email address and phone number should be recorded. WaterNSW will notify the agent when the application is completed.
5. This is where the buyer completes the details relating to their licence. Remember to indicate your authority to make the application and record the registered licence holder details of the licence. If you would like WaterNSW to notify you when the application is complete, don’t forget to include your email address.
6. If the application is being submitted by an Agent, the agents name email address and phone number should be recorded. WaterNSW will notify the agent when the application is completed.
An application fee of $49.94 applies (GST free) for each application to assign regulated surface water.
WaterNSW now requires the payment of variable usage charges for all allocation assignments involving a buyer licence not linked to a NSW Works Approval.
Applicants should note that the variable usage charge will be based on the valley of use. Variable usage charges should be included with the transfer fee on application.
Please contact WaterNSW on 1300 662 077 to confirm the usage charge in your valley prior to lodging your application.
Groundwater and Unregulated Water
An application fee, for any application received via facsimile or post, of $371.85 applies (GST free) to each application to assign groundwater and unregulated water. An application fee, for any application received via email, of $337.36 applies (GST free) to each application to assign groundwater and unregulated water.
Where can I find more details about these fees?
The above fee structures have been set in accordance with the relevant IPART Water Pricing determinations.
Details of the fee and IPART determination can be found on the fees and charges page.
Applications can be emailed, faxed or mailed to the address below.
8-20 Edwardes St
PO Box 453
DENILIQUIN NSW 2710
Phone 1300 662 077
Fax (03) 8668 1154
If you are emailing or faxing your application make sure you send each application separately to ensure that no forms are missed. It is also a good idea to include your SWC reference number in the subject line of the email so that we can identify your trade quickly if you need to enquire about its progress.
Important dates to note
2019-20 Season closing dates
In accordance with the relevant Valley Water Sharing Plans, please note the following Season Close dates for water allocation trading:
- Murrumbidgee Regulated Water Interstate – 11:59pm 30 April 2020
- Murrumbidgee Regulated Intravalley – 11:59pm 31 May 2020
- All other Regulated Water, Groundwater and Unregulated Water (unless otherwise noted) - 11:59pm 30 June 2020
Have a question? please see Frequently Asked Questions - Water Trading.