At WaterNSW, we are committed to being transparent in our operation and to provide accessible, meaningful and easy to understand data on how water is shared, allocated and managed.
Additionally, it is important to us to provide a powerful tool for our customers and other interested parties that brings together all the data important to them into one easy to use platform.
Our new look WaterInsights is an intuitive platform that provides meaningful information and real-time data to support our customers and communities. WaterInsights provides updates, allocations, rules and more all in one place.
27 November Release - New Features
- Information on 450 more water sources are now available!
- Active Management announcements for the Northern Basin – announcements for when pumping is prohibited or limited.
- Water balance & historical usage – graphical representations of water balance reports and on water usage by licence type for the last 10 years.
- BOM data – 6-month average rainfall and 3-month outlook overlaid on the map.
- Improved visibility of groundwater – total extraction over the past 10 years and depth below ground information.
- All NSW updates page – allowing only water source specific updated to be placed on their source pages.
We want to hear from you. Is something not working as expected or there further information that you would find helpful? Please email your feedback to email@example.com.
WaterInsights portal video