Manage your details

Manage your details

We need your up-to-date contact details in order to provide you with timely and accurate information regarding your water account, licensing or dealings applications, unplanned or emergency supply interruptions and changes to your water availability or quality.

Please refer to the drop-down menus below on how to update us about different changes in details.

If you recently moved or changed your address, please let us know by completing the online form below.

For further details on what to do when buying or selling a property, please refer to our Buying or selling property fact sheet.

Please note when buying a property, you do not need to do anything. When the transfer of land title is registered with NSW Land Registry Services (LRS), WaterNSW are automatically notified of the change of ownership and the buyer is then issued with an updated statement of approval. 

For further detail you can also refer to the Changing your name on your title fact sheet by LRS. 

If a water access licence (WAL) is included in the sale of the property, a s71M Transfer is to be lodged by your Solicitor to LRS as part of the property settlement.

We understand this is a difficult time and it may not be a top priority, but all service providers need to be notified as soon as possible if an account holder passes away.

You can notify multiple organisations at once by visiting Australian Death Notification Service and completing their online form. The Australian Death Notification Service will provide verification of death to all organisations you select, and they will contact you directly if further information is required.

Contact Australian Death Notification Service

*Please note that the Australian Death Notification Service is not available if the death certificate was issued outside of Australia.

Do you need to contact us directly? 

If you would prefer to contact us directly, please complete our online form for managing a deceased estate or contact our Customer Service Centre on 1300 662 077

If the person was overseas at the time of their passing you will need to contact us directly. 

What happens next?

We will continue to send communications to the postal address we have for the account until after probate. The name on the account is linked to the property title deed and NSW Land Registry Services (LRS) will automatically update our records when a change occurs. 

If the account holder has a direct debit set up, you will need to contact our Customer Service Centre on 1300 662 077 to cease the debiting.

For changes to your personal name (e.g. marriage, naturalisation, divorce etc.) or changes of company name please refer to the Changing your name on your title fact sheet by NSW Land Registry Services (LRS). You are required to alert LRS and then advise WaterNSW by calling our Customer Service Centre on 1300 662 077.

If you have recently made changes to your contact details (excluding property details) e.g. your phone number or email address, please update your new details using the below online form.

If you wish to operate differently to the manner outlined in your statement of approval or water access licence you must notify us. Examples include but are not limited to:

-changes in location of an irrigated area
-change in location or equipment used in taking water
-replacement of a collapsed bore  
-change to any water storage - increase or decrease
-installation or change in any pipeline - length or location
-change in property identification number to that on an approval or licence.

If the information you have received was not meant for you or you are unsure about it, please contact our Customer Service Centre on 1300 662 077.

Why do you need to notify us of any changes?

If you do not notify us of the changes above, you may continue to be billed or could even be in breach of your licence or approval and subject to enforcement action by the Natural Resources Access Regulator (NRAR). If you are submitting an application to us, we will check that your name, address and title details match records held with NSW Land Registry Services (LRS). A mismatch will impact the time taken to process your application and may result in your application being returned to you. Changes to name or title should be completed prior to applying.

Interpreting Services

If you require an interpreter, call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) on 131 450 and ask them to telephone WaterNSW on 1300 662 077.  Our business hours are 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday.

When completing this form, please note:

  • To use this form to change your personal contact details only, you MUST be a holder of a water access licence and/or approval.
  • This form cannot be used to change the name of the holder of a water access licence or approval. Please contact the Customer Service Centre on 1300 662 077 for information and advice on transferring a water access licence and/or approval.
  • To complete the form, you must provide a Water Access Licence number OR Approval Number OR Customer Number.

Existing contact details needing to be updated

(if applicable)

(preferably mobile)

New Contact Details

(Street, PO Box, Property name, etc)

(preferably mobile)

Other Approval holders


Do you consent to providing your email address for the issue or service of documents provided under sections 67 or 102*
(67 - change to licence conditions / 102 - change to approval conditions)


Tuesday 17 May
2,573,926 ML
2,581,850 ML
9,342 ML
1,335 ML
50,768 ML
Tuesday 17 May