Early Warning Network
Early Warning Network
WaterNSW has an automated notification system, the Early Warning Network (EWN), to improve notification of dam and supply activities to the public. When you register, you nominate the dam(s) you are interested in and the type of notifications required. Once registered, you will receive notifications in the event of a significant dam release or an emergency situation depending on which you choose.
How to register
- If you have an email address - preferred method, this will give you a password and allow you to change your details and registrations at www.ewn.com.au .
- If you do not have an email address - this method does not give you a password and you need to contact 1300 662 077 and customer service can update your details for you. You will receive a call verifying your identity.
Important note about registering
- Register as many contact details as possible so we have multiple ways to alert you in an emergency.
- iWAS users are not automatically enrolled to the EWN. Please follow the directions above to be notified by EWN.
- Please be aware that if you register a landline number, you will be called on that number by the system, whatever the time the alert is issued.
- Factual information about our dams or water supply.
- We may include possible effects (such as low level flooding or a need to move stock or equipment)
- We may include specific location impacts if they have been agreed in advance with agencies.
- Each dam's notifications will vary, depending on a number of factors, (such as gated or un-gated, conditions that lead to an alert and so forth).
- Any inclusion of this information into forecasting or warnings will be done by agencies (Bureau of Meteorology, SES, councils etc).
- Dam safety notifications
- Flood notifications
- High regulated releases
- Fish River Supply Interruptions
- Unregulated Water System Announcements
You will receive notifications in all registered formats for any dam you have registered for. The service does not restrict notifications to your registered address, improving our ability to notify you.
- Mobile phone (SMS message - max 158 characters)
- Landline (Text to Voice) - This message will repeat the key message and should be fairly detailed.
- Email - This message will be the most detailed and have links to other agencies who can provide more information, such as SES and Bureau of Meteorology.
Use your password along with your email address to login (at www.ewn.com.au) and update your details, change what you are registered for, or how you get notified (sms, email, landline).
- If you registered by email - use your password along with your email address to log (at www.ewn.com.au) in and update your details, change what you are registered for, or how you get notified (sms, email, landline).
- If you registered without email - contact 1300 662 077 to change what you are registered for, or how you get notified (sms, landline), you will receive a call verifying your identifty.
|Bureau of Meteorology||Weather forecasts and warnings||BOM||varies by region|
|NSW State Emergency Service||Flood or severe weather warnings/advice||NSW SES||132 500|
|NSW Water Information||Storage levels and river heights||Water info||N/A|
|WaterNSW Algae Hotline||Algal alert details and algae levels||WaterNSW||1800 999 457|
|Early Warning Network||To view or edit your registration details||EWN||1300 662 077|