Murrumbidgee IVT account status
Murrumbidgee IVT account status
Murrumbidgee IVT Account Balance: 6.8GL*
Murrumbidgee to Murray - Open
There is capacity for 93.2GL to be transferred out of the Murrumbidgee valley.
Murray to Murrumbidgee - Closed
There is capacity for 6.8GL to be transferred into the Murrumbidgee valley.
This information was current as at 9.00am on 23 February 2018
Please refer to the procedure below with regards to the process reopen of trade.
*Account balance is calculated using volume of allocation assignments received up until 2:00pm and approved on the preceding work day plus stream flows as at 6:00am on the day information is updated.
In response to recent customer feedback, WaterNSW has expanded its reporting of the Murray / Murrumbidgee inter-valley trade (IVT) balance so that we now make public the full account balance where previously we only showed the account balance within the operative trading zone of 0GL – 100GL. This improvement now provides customers full visibility of the IVT balance where it exceeds 100GL.
The IVT balance can exceed 100GL due to the operation of tagged licences that are exempted from the IVT trade restrictions under Clause 12.23 of the Basin Plan. Tagged accounts operate where customers in one valley exercise their right under the Water Management Act 2000 to link an access licence in one valley to a specified water supply work or extraction point in another valley or state.
WaterNSW reminds customers who have transferred water onto licences that are tagged in this manner, that restrictions to orders on these accounts apply in the same manner that restrictions apply to trades, except those tagged licences that have an exemption based on the date of linking.
Subscribe to receive IVT notifications.
- Trade will be opened and closed when the IVT account balance triggers are reached.
- WaterNSW website will be updated at 9am each business day morning giving the latest IVT account balance.
- When the website indicates trade is open, applications cannot be lodged until 10am NSW time* on that day. Applications received before 10am NSW time* on that day will not be accepted. (*NSW time is the time in NSW on the day trade is opened). This is effective from 6th March 2017.
- Only applications lodged electronically via email or fax will be accepted due to the necessity of being given a timestamp.
- WaterNSW will sequentially process applications from the earliest time stamp.
- Invalid, incomplete or out-of-time applications will not be accepted.
- When paying by credit card, failed or incomplete transactions cause the application to be returned for amendment and lose their place in the queue. Those paying by EFT need to include the EFT transaction report with their application or it will be considered incomplete and returned for amendment and also lose its place it the queue.
- Approval of applications will stop when the IVT account limit is reached (100 GL or 0 GL). The trade that causes the limit to be reached and those queued behind cannot be approved until capacity becomes available in the account.
- When the limit is reached and trade is closed, it will be indicated promptly on the WaterNSW website; however applications will be accepted into a pending queue until the end of that day (midnight). Queued application information will displayed on the website and will continue be updated daily, as trades are processed.
- Applications in the queue cannot be amended.
- Applicants can withdraw their application from the queue at any time.
- Queued applications will be returned if they cannot be processed within 7 days of trade closing.
- Queued applications will be approved in order of receipt, if/when IVT account capacity permits. If IVT water delivery to the Murray is occurring, or there is some back-trade, then it is likely that queued applications, or at least a portion of them, could be approved within 7 days.
- The IVT balance on the website and queued application information will continue to be updated daily during this period.
- After 7 days the queue will be cleared as follows: the first application in the queue is removed from the queue and the next application considered. Applications are then removed or approved depending on the available IVT account balance capacity. This means that ‘small’ applications in the queue behind a ‘large’ application could be approved after 7 days, as ‘larger’ applications that cannot be approved are rejected as unsuccessful.
- Once the queue is cleared, a new application with a new SWC application number will be required when the trigger point is reached and trade next opens.
|Trade out of the Murrumbidgee Valley|
|Trade into the Murrumbidgee Valley|
Points to consider when lodging applications
- Applications and payment information need to be complete and accurate or your application will be returned for amendment.
- Applications returned for amendment will lose their place in any queue. Applications will need to be resubmitted. The time of receipt of the resubmitted application will determine your place in the queue. Resubmitted applications must be received within the timeframes specified in the procedure.
- Each application must have a unique SWC application number or will be rejected. You can ensure your application number is unique by downloading a new application form here http://www.waternsw.com.au/customer-service/forms
- Applications for a large volume already submitted and queued cannot be reduced to fit an available account capacity.
- Credit Card payments for applications will not be debited unless the trade is approved to proceed.
- NSW fees submitted by EFT will be refunded if the application is unsuccessful.
- Trade processing fees paid to other states may be forfeit if your application is unsuccessful. Please check with your interstate authority before lodging your application.
Please call our trade team on 1300 662 077 if you have any doubts or questions about your application.