Billing Terms and Conditions
Billing Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the delivery of bills, debt notices and account statements to you by post (paper bills) and via email (electronic billing).
Bill formats and other billing information
WaterNSW will, where possible with your consent, send you a bill, statement or debt notice by email. Emails sent to you for billing purposes will contain an attachment which, when opened by you, will let you view a complete version of your bill, statement or debt notice.
If you sign up for WaterNSW electronic billing, this means you will receive electronically your bills, account statements and any debt notices for late payments for a water licence that you have registered for electronic billing. If you hold multiple water licences and register each of these for electronic billing, you will receive an electronic bill for each different water licence.
You can opt out of electronic billing at any time. Once you notify WaterNSW, it may take up to 10 business days to cancel to your electronic bill subscription. During that time, WaterNSW will continue to send bills, account statements and debt notices to your nominated email address. You can choose to receive a paper bill, account statement or debt notice by post or an email with an attachment of your notice from WaterNSW.
If you have previously registered for and would like to opt out of electronic billing, you can do so by calling WaterNSW on 1300 662 077 or by sending an email to Customer.Helpdesk@waternsw.com.au
WaterNSW’s responsibilities to customers
WaterNSW will use its best endeavours to deliver your bill, account statement or debt notice to your nominated address. At times, there may be events or circumstances beyond the control of WaterNSW preventing or delaying delivery of a bill, account statement or debt notice to your nominated address.
If WaterNSW is unable to deliver a bill, account statement or debt notice to your nominated address, the following alternative measures may apply:
- If your nominated email address is compromised and you have provided a mailing address to WaterNSW, a bill, account statement or debt notice will be sent to your mailing address.
- If your nominated mailing address is compromised and you have provided an email address to Water NSW, a bill, account statement or debt notice will be sent to your email address.
- WaterNSW may contact you by telephone to ask you to nominate an alternate address.
WaterNSW will send bills to your nominated address in accordance with the normal billing cycle.
Customers’ responsibilities to WaterNSW
You agree it is your responsibility to:
- let WaterNSW know as soon as possible if your nominated address details change
- check your nominated address facility, whether a post box or your email address inbox, for your bill, account statement or debt notice which is sent to you in accordance with the normal billing cycle
- let WaterNSW know if you do not receive a bill, account statement or debt notice during that time you would normally receive a bill, account statement or debt notice in the normal billing cycle
- check the junk/spam folders of your email folder inbox to see if your bill, account statement or debt notice has been delivered to these folders
- make sure there is sufficient space in your nominated email account to receive your bill, account statement or debt notice.
- ensure your nominated address facility is secure to protect the privacy of any personal information in your bill, account statement or debt notice.
- pay your bill, account statement or debt notice by no later than the due date set out in the notice, whether or not you have received, read and accessed your bill, account statement or debt notice.
Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
Unless you advise WaterNSW otherwise or in the event these terms and conditions cease to apply, when you become a customer of WaterNSW, you agree:
- that if you are a new customer, to receive all WaterNSW bills, account statement or debt notices via your nominated email address and in accordance with these terms and conditions
- that if you are an existing customer and you set up a new account with WaterNSW, your bills, account statement or debt notice will be sent to your nominated email address unless you advise WaterNSW you do not have an email address or if you choose to receive a paper bill, account statement or debt notice.
- to collection of data that lets WaterNSW know you have accessed the email and material sent with the email and with the understanding WaterNSW may use that data for future business purposes.
Changing the Terms and Conditions
WaterNSW may change its terms and conditions from time to time. If WaterNSW does so, you will be given notice of the change and the date of the change. The terms and conditions will be deemed to be amended to reflect that change. WaterNSW will notify you of changes via your nominated address.
These terms and conditions will cease to apply if:
- they are cancelled
- any agreement you have with WaterNSW has been terminated or has expired and you have not entered into a new agreement with WaterNSW.
These terms and conditions do not exclude, limit or modify any:
- rights of recovery to compensation you may have under Australian Consumer Laws
- other rights of recovery to compensation you may have under the law, including under the WaterNSW Customer Service Charter and/or your agreement with WaterNSW
- other conditions, warranty or guarantee (including the Australian Consumer Laws)
to the extent we are prohibited by law from excluding, limiting or modifying them.
WaterNSW does not warrant, guarantee or represent any bill sent to your nominated email address will be free from computer viruses or any other defect or error which may affect your software or computer systems.